Sandra Alexandrino and David Mithcell will be united in holy matrimony on Friday, the third of July, 2009 at 2:30 p.m. at Central United Methodist Church in Arlington, Virginia.
Since this is popular weekend to travel to Washington, DC, we are encouraging our friends and family to members to make hotel reservations well in advance of the 4th of July weekend. We recommend the following hotels:
The Hilton, 950 North Stafford Street, Arlington, Virginia, United States 22203, Phone: 1-703-528-6000
Days Inn, 3030 Columbia Pike, Arlington , VA 22204, Phone: 1-703-521-5570
Do not delay in making a hotel reservation. All of the hotels in Washington, DC will be sold out by late May or early June.
On Friday, July 3, the reception will follow the ceremony at 4001 9th Street N. in Arlington. We will have music, an open bar and appetizers.
On Saturday, July 4, we plan to meet up at the McPherson Square metro station at 9:15 a.m. to begin the day of festivities with our friends and family members.
- First stop, National Archives Building on Constitution Avenue steps, between 7th and 9th Streets. The ceremony starts at 10 a.m.
- The parade starts at 11:45 a.m. The parade route is along Constitution Avenue between 7th to 17th Streets.
- Smithsonian Folklife Festival, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Beginning at 6:00 p.m. the United States Air Force Band plays with Special Guest Artist(s) Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers
- A Capitol Fourth Concert, West Lawn of the U. S. Capitol, 8:00 – 9:30 p.m. (Admittance begins at 3 p.m.)